The School Psychologists at Insight PA Cyber Charter School are committed to delivering the highest quality of services, support, and collaboration with school staff, students, and families. School Psychologists work to support all students and families that attend Insight PA and work with general and special education programs. Amongst a variable list of duties, School Psychologists at Insight PA do the following:
- Increase academic achievement by assessing barriers to learning and collaborate in the determination of instructional strategies to improve learning
- Collaborate with educational professionals in supporting social, emotional, and behavioral functioning
- Collect and review relevant evaluation/reevaluation data for special education services and provide possible recommendations to educational teams
- Support students’ social, emotional, and behavioral health
- Collaborate with program evaluation by collecting and analyzing school/district level data
- Support effective individualized instruction
- Collect and analyze data related to school improvement, student outcomes, and accountability requirements
- Collaborate with various Insight employees and outside professionals to assist with in-class supports for students
Psychological Support Specialists:
The Psychological Support Specialist at Insight PA is integral to the functioning of the department and support throughout the district. Their duties include collaboration, organization, and task completion.
Insight PA has an established behavior support team consisting of Board-Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA), and Behavior Interventionists (BI). Insight PA’s behavior team provides consultation and guidance on behavior management techniques and classroom strategies. The team gathers information, shares insights, and develops effective evidence-based strategies for managing student behavior. The team may also provide behavioral training and professional development opportunities. The team collects and analyzes data related to student behavior. This data helps identify trends to evaluate the effectiveness of the interventions. Overall, the primary goal of a school behavior team is to create a positive and supportive learning environment by addressing and managing student behavior issues effectively.
Behavior Interventionists at Insight PA are highly involved in the collaboration, service delivery, and training of behavioral needs for students. They collaborate with Behavior Analysts with managing behavioral needs and building upon behavioral strengths to maximize student outcomes.